CHINWE H. EZENWA-MBAH (MRS) PRINCIPAL COUNSEL. LLB, BL, CLE
Membership of Professional Associations:
Chinwe Ezenwa Mbah was called to the Nigerian Bar in 1987 as a Barrister and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Nigeria. She did her National Youth Service with Shell Petroleum Nig. Ltd. Thereafter she practiced with some law firms in Lagos including J. N. Nwodo & Co and A. C. Afubera & Co. In 1994, She founded the Firm of C. H. Ezenwa Mbah & Co. The Firm in 2008 merged with three other Firms to form JUSTITIA ATTORNEYS.
She is founder and main driver of LIFT A WIDOW INITIATIVE (an NGO) that focuses on female/women advocacy with particular emphases on widows and the girl child. Her passion for education for all irrespective of social status propelled her to conceptualise and bring to fruition the Idegwu Education Initiative which assit indigent students with funds to acheive their dream of becoming university graduates.
Chinwe Attended Girls High School, Umunya (WASC), then proceeded to School of Preliminary Studies Kano (A Levels). She later got Direct Entry to study Law at University of Jos (LLB), after which she proceeded to Law School, Lagos (BL). She also has a Diploma in Computer Studies.
Chinwe Ezenwa Mbah attended many specialist courses in Intellectual Property both in Nigeria and abroad. She is a Member of so many professional Bodies including Nigerian Bar Association (NBA), International Bar Association (IBA), Intellectual Property Practitioners both in Nigeria and the USA.
- Nigerian Bar Association (NBA)
- Otu Oka Iwu (Lawyers Association)
- International Bar Association (IBA)
- Intellectual Property Practitioners membership in Nigeria and the USA.
Membership of other Organisations
- Member, Governing Council, Christopher University, Mowe, Ogun State
- Member, Advisory Board, Emerald Schools, Mowe, Ogun State.
- Director, Board of Soroptimist International of Great Britain and Ireland (SIGBI)2012-2014
- First Chairman, Soroptimist International Future Africa Federation.(SIFAF)
- 2011 at the Commission on the Status of Women (CSW) 56 at the United Nations Headquarters in New York; WOMEN’S RIGHT AND THE RIGHTS TO LAND- FOCUSING ON WIDOWS.
- 2013 at CSW 58, UN Headquarters, NY. Topic FROM SEEDING TO FEEDING; THE ROLE OF WOMEN + GIRLS ACROSS THE LIFE CIRCLE OF FOOD.
- 2014, Our Saviour’s Church TBS; SIBILING RIVALRY AND WHO NEEDS A WILL.
- 2015 Soroptimist International Convention, 2015 Istanbul, Turkey; OVERCOMING DISCRIMINATION AGAINST WOMEN AND GIRLS WHO ARE NOT IN A DEFINING RELATIONSHIP;- CREATING LEGAL CHANGES
Membership of NGOs
- Founder; New Generation Idegwu Education Initiatives (www.idegwuedu.org) that gives Scholarship to indigent students in tertiary institutions.
- Member; Accident Victims Helpline.
- Founder; Lift a Widow Initiative ( www.liftawidow.com )
- Charter member Soroptimist International of Surulere 1992.
- IBA and INTA Conferences in Durban, South Africa 2002, Prague, Chech Republic, San Francisco and Australia, Spain, Ireland, Washington, Glasgow,
- Soroptimist Conventions in Finland, Glasgow, Montreal Canada, Turkey
- Soroptimist GBI conferences from 1997 to date held in Bournmount, Cardiff, South Africa, Harrogate, Barbados, Manchester, Belfast, New Castle etc.
Chinwe Hilda Ezenwa Mbah has traveled extensively. She is a Christian and President of many Societies in the Church both at her home town and in Lagos. She is a motivational speaker and very passionate about the plight of Widows and Children.